Reviews and Endorsements
- The Mathematical Association of America offered this review of Geometry in 2009, adding the text to its Basic Library List. An excerpt from the review:
Geometry with an Introduction to Cosmic Topology, written by Michael Hitchman, is a masterfully written textbook, notable for its clarity of exposition, balance of breadth and depth, and exceptionally motivating theme… after all, what could be more compelling than studying fundamental properties of the universe?
- The text is included in the American Institute of Mathematics' list of approved textbooks as part of their Open Textbook Initiative.
- The text is included in the University of Minnesota's Open Textbook Library.
- A list of institutions at which the 2018 edition of the text has been adopted for a course:
- Wake Forest University
- Gettysburg College
- Santa Clara University
- The College of Idaho
- Franklin & Marshall College
- University of Texas at Arlington
- Milligan University
- Angelo State University
- Graceland University
- Linfield College (the author's institution)
Please let the author know if you plan to use the text for a course, or for an independent study.